7.06.2009

Falling in love all over again

Let me just start by saying... I know it's been forever since I've posted on here. I've been beyond busy lately with work, road-tripping, and the art show (more to follow on all of those subjects) This post, however; is to focus on a very touchy subject -- my new found love for lamill coffee. 

Yesterday afternoon I visited lamill's coffee boutique in Silverlake.  From the moment I walked in I knew I was in for an experience all in its own.  We approached the glass door entrance and I couldn't help but get anxious all of the sudden. The entire "shop" is the sweetest piece of eye candy I've seen.  EVERYTHING about this place was thought out to the tea.  

The decor was a combination of vintage, ultra-modern and clean lines with bold gestures of garnet red and minty/sea-foam walls.  The tables were black and shiny enough to see ones reflection with accenting chairs upholstered in matching minty sea-foamish fabric and turquoise, faux crocodile skins.  There was this cool, serene, hip vibe in the air.  No one was in a rush to be anywhere or do anything yet everyone shared the same purpose -- to enjoy one damn good cup of coffee or tea.  Whether they were there for a late lunch, dessert or just a snack they paired their visit with a latte, cappuccino or, one of the many to choose from, black coffee. 
As we sat down we were approached by a very sweet barista/waitress/mixologist/coffee guru genius with our many options to choose from of coffee.  I decided to have a latte and he opted for a black coffee (I can't even remember what it was called it had 10ish names to it) Our drinks arrived and then I knew... this was probably going to be one of the best cups of coffee we've ever had.  The design alone on the surface of my latte was a dream.  I didn't even want to touch it without being worried about disrupting the harmonious vibe going on in that cup.  Seconds after... I gave in and two raw sugar cubes later I was in heaven... sweet espresso milky heaven.  It was creamy and delicious and hit all the right places.  The milk/foam ratio was genius as was the dessert that accompanied our drinks. 

We ordered the brownie with coffee ice cream and it was as delectable as it sounded on paper.  The brownie was dense yet fluffy and airy.  The two inches (give or take) in diameter of chocolaty (chocolatey?) goodness was a perfect combination of chocolate and sweet.  Directly across the plate on a bed of more chocolaty goodness crumbles sat a perfect scoop of coffee ice cream. The coffee flavor was just right and not too over powering.  Lasly, in between, were two mini cream puffs (possibly?) stuffed with who knows what kind of delicious cream and dipped in a caramel candy coating... perhaps? 

We ended up spending 2ish hours there sitting in amusement and completely content with our first, and definitely not last, experience at LAmill co. coffee boutique. 






till another day...


No comments:

Post a Comment